Not only do they have a fun name, they’re also ridiculously easy. There’s no baking at all. You literally crush the cookies, then mix all the ingredients together, then smoosh it into a prepared pan and let them chill. Then just slice and dust with powdered sugar. I tend to like more powdered sugar on these, but you just add as much as you like.
Kids love these things, and adults do too. I took some by my mom’s office and everyone loved them. I bet you will too!
No-Bake Smoosh Bars
- 1 (11-ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar or more
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish or pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Crush the cookies in a food processor or in a zip top bag with a rolling pin. In a large bowl, combine the crushed cookies, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, nuts, vanilla, and salt. Mix well to combine. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 2 hours to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator and lift the bars out of the pan using the aluminum foil. Slice into 16 squares and dust with powdered sugar. Store at room temperature in a sealed container.