This post is sponsored by my great friends at Borden® Cheese, but the thoughts and opinions here are all my own – just as always.
I’m not particularly athletic. Ok, that’s an understatement. I’m not even remotely athletic. I’m the least athletic person I know. I joke that if you ever see me running, you’d better start running too because something is after me.
As a kid, I played baseball. And hated every minute of it. We were league champions, no thanks to me. The season couldn’t end soon enough. It’s just not in my genes. As my mother would say, “He’s just not built for sports.” LOL!
Fast forward a few years and the man upstairs thought it’d be funny to gift me with an athletically-inclined kid. And when I say athletically-inclined, I mean he’s actually pretty dang good. I mean, his first word was “ball.” Baseball, basketball, football, the kid just loves sports. But soccer is his passion.
And with practice several times a week with a smattering of games in between, we’re on the run a lot. He plays fall and spring league and there have been mentions of playing all-stars this year too. It keeps us very busy. But we love that he loves it. And that he does.
But 6:30 practices can put quite a cramp in our evening schedule when you consider we’ve got to tackle homework and everything else – especially when it comes to supper.
We rely on quick and easy meals just like these 5 Ingredient Enchiladas to make quick work of getting a homecooked meal on the table.
Yep, I said only 5 ingredients. And I’m totally serious about that.
But don’t think that few ingredients mean a lack of flavor. These babies are deee-lish!
But when you strip things down like this, the quality of each ingredient is even more important than normal. That’s why I love using Borden® Cheese in my recipes. It’s crafted with high-quality, wholesome ingredients on family farms across the country.
And the new Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Shreds are my new favorite thing. I’ve always preferred the thicker shredded cheese in casseroles and things like this, so I was over the moon to hear about the new Thick Cut Shreds from Borden® Cheese. When these thick shreds melt, you get creamy, tasty deliciousness. And you can actually TASTE the cheese!
They’re an excellent source of calcium and the Four Cheese Mexican Thick Cut Shreds offer up 6 grams of protein per serving!
Putting a homecooked meal on the table (even on a busy weeknight) doesn’t have to be difficult, time-consuming, or expensive… and these enchiladas are the perfect example. Grab some Borden® Cheese and just a handful of other ingredients and see for yourself! They’re easy and packed with flavor!
5 Ingredient Beef Enchiladas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas (corn will work as well)
- 1 (8-ounce) package Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Shredded Four Cheese Mexican (about 2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain the excess fat away and return the meat to the skillet and to medium-low heat. Stir in the salsa and cook until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Pour about 1/2 of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Warm the tortillas according to the package directions. Add about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with about 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese. Tightly roll each tortilla up and place them in the dish, seam side down. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over them and sprinkle the remaining cheese over.
- Tightly wrap the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.