Today my buddy, Christy, from SouthernPlate is here visiting with a guest post. Please make her feel welcome and I’ll be back with another new recipe soon. ~Stacey
Hey friends! I’m thrilled to be guest posting on SouthernBite today for my friend, Stacey. You know, Stacey is like me in that, even in the days of Facebook, we don’t toss around the word “friend” lightly. We first met some six years ago and ever since then he has been one of my closest and most trusted friends. I love him as if he were my brother (albeit much younger brother – something I often tease him about).
So in honor of the sweet kindness always given to me by my friend, Stacey, I thought I’d share a sweet treat with you, Chocolate Chip Butter Bars. I love bar cookies best because of their simplicity in baking: mix up the dough, pat it into a greased pan, and bake. This chewy buttery bar packs a wallop of old fashioned flavor is studded with just the right amount of chocolate.
Heartwarming homemade cookies are just a few steps away. Hope you get to make them soon!
Chocolate Chip Butter Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter at room temp
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, place butter and sugar. Cream together with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Add in flour, egg, and vanilla. Beat again until fully incorporated and a dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir by hand until mixed in.
- Spray 9x9 or 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon dough into dish. Using wet hands pat out into dish until it is even.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until just lightly browned on the edges, being careful not to over bake. Allow to cool before cutting.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.
Thanks for letting me visit today! Have a great weekend!