Click here to follow me on Instagram
There are tons of recipes out there for something like this, but what makes this version different is the fact that we’re using roasted potatoes rather than boiled. Sure, you can boil the potatoes and make this, but roasting them adds another level of flavor that you’re going to love! I’ve gotten to where I almost always roast my potatoes for potato salad now.
The other thing that makes this recipe special is the Borden® Cheese. Y’all know how much I love to add Borden® Cheese to my recipes because very chunk, slice, and shred is pure, creamy goodness that transforms any recipe into something memorable. And being that this recipe is super easy, you’ll be able to spend less time in the kitchen and more time making memories with your family this 4th of July!
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 3 lbs red-skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) package Borden® Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (3-ounce) package real bacon bits
- 5 green onions sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Wash and cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes. Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Stir to coat the potatoes in the oil then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife. Allow the potatoes to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. In a large bowl, toss the cool potatoes with the dressing, cheese, bacon, and sliced onions. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.
Thanks to Borden® Cheese for helping to make this post possible! 🙂
Hi! Do you peel the potatoes or leave skin on?
With the thin skin on red potatoes, I usually leave it on.
Making your loaded potatoe/salad now for a family pool party tomorrow ????Looks great !
Hope everyone enjoyed it!!
This sounds amazing!! I will be trying it for a pool party tomorrow. I also cut down my cooking time on potatoes by putting them in the microwave until “not quite” done, then slice them. When oven or stovetop roasting them they get nice a crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Try it, the smoother “inside” texture gets lots of raves.
Sure hope y’all enjoy!!
I made this for the 4th and it was a BIG hit!! Everyone was asking me for the recipe and my hubby who is not a fan of potato salad had two helpings!! Thank You so much! My daughter said is this Stacey Little’s recipe… 🙂
Love hearing that! So glad everyone enjoyed it!!
Looks so good – will definitely be making this!
WOW! That looks good. I cant wait to try it.
Hope you enjoy!