This recipe for Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie Bars is the perfect sweet, salty, chewy, peanut butter cookie but in quick and easy cookie bar form.
Peanut butter is a staple at our house. We all just love the stuff; whether it’s in a classic PB&J sandwich, spread over a warm waffle or toast, on apples or crackers, or even just by the spoonful. Jack also loves it on a warm buttermilk biscuit drizzled with Yellow Label syrup. Special afternoon snacks often include Ritz crackers, smeared with peanut butter, topped with a few chocolate chips.
And with all that eatin’, we can plow through it pretty quickly. I bet outside of milk and eggs, peanut butter is probably the most frequently bought grocery store item for us.
Our sincere love of peanut butter was really the catalyst for the creation of these Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. I took one of my most favorite recipes, my Pecan Chewies, and gave them a peanut butter flavored makeover.
But I didn’t just stir in some peanut butter. Nope. I wanted tons of peanut butter flavor. So, I added salted peanuts and peanut butter chips, too.
Y’all, these things are simply amazing. They are just packed with tons of peanut flavor. And those salted peanuts are the perfect complement to the sweetness – giving me that sweet and salty combo that y’all know I love so much.
Now let’s talk about the texture of these babies… All I can say is gooey, gooey perfection.
They have the chewy texture of my pecan chewies, but are also tender and a touch crumbly like a classic peanut butter cookie. I honestly don’t think I could have hoped for a better outcome with this recipe.
What makes them even better is how crazy easy they are. It’s a one bowl recipe where you just add the ingredients and stir, but they taste like so much more!
If you’ve got a peanut butter lover in your family, you’ve just got to try these.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined. Add the eggs and stir until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until combined. Add the vanilla. Add the peanuts and peanut butter chips, reserving a few of each to sprinkle on the top. Stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the reserved peanuts and peanut butter chips. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the edges are set but the middle is still a bit jiggly. Cool completely before slicing.
* If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. The values do not include optional ingredients or when ingredients are added to taste. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.