easy pecan shortbread – a holiday favorite
Easy Pecan Shortbread – Easy as Pie!
Seriously, this is the easiest shortbread I’ve ever made. And does it taste as good as the other stuff? Heck yeah it does.
Now, there’ll be naysayers out there (they always show up) claiming this isn’t “true” shortbread. But I say, “Whatever.” It looks like it and tastes like it, but it’s a whole lot easier! And I like easy. And I know you do, too!
Easy Pecan Shortbread
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. With a mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add the vanilla. Gradually add the flour and mix until combined. Add the pecans and mix briefly to combine.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of a ungreased 13X9-inch baking dish. If the mixture it too sticky, cover with wax paper and use the wax paper to press flat.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and use a pizza cutter to cut into squares. Allow too cool in the pan before removing. Store in an airtight container.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.