This Bacon and Blue Broccoli Salad recipe is perfect for those picnics and potlucks! The flavors are just absolutely amazing!
This week has been full of gentle reminders to be grateful.
The sweet, 78-year-old lady that I had the honor of photographing her wedding just a few years ago passed away Sunday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. I was so inspired by her later-in-life love story. It was heart breaking to hear the news. I find myself grateful for the chance to have known her and to be a tiny part of that story.
We’ve faced a few “challenges” with our sweet little boy this week as he finds his way and place in this great big world. As frustrating as those “challenges” have been, I find myself grateful for the opportunity that God has given Heather and me to parent this little miracle – knowing all the while that many folks are never given that opportunity.
Two years ago today, I had the unbelievable opportunity to share my food with the world on a national platform by being on the Today Show. It was nothing short of amazing. I’m grateful for the opportunities my little book has given me over the past two years. I’ve gone and done things that I never imagined I would ever go and do.
And I’m grateful for these little reminders to be grateful. In a world where it seems that everyone feels they are owed something, I appreciate the reminder to stop and be grateful for what I have.
What are you grateful for today? I’d love for you to share with me in the comments below.
Y’all, this is one of my most favorite recipes from my cookbook – which is 2 years old this month! How is that even possible? Previous to now, that was the only way to get this recipe. But it’s one of my favorites so I just had to share! It’s the perfect spring and summer side. Even those who aren’t big blue cheese fans will like this. The flavors blend beautifully – all that smokey bacon and the sharpness from the red onion and blue cheese! Goodness! Y’all enjoy!
Bacon and Blue Broccoli Salad
- 1 large bunch broccoli washed and chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) container blue cheese crumbles
- 5 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled (or about 1/3 cup of crumbled bacon from a pouch - just use real bacon)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, onion, blue cheese, and bacon. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and cider vinegar. Add the dressing to the broccoli, and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.