I’m just going to be honest with y’all here. I could go on and on about my love for Oreos, but you’re heard that. And I could go on and on about my love for Pecan Chewies. Each of them have a special place in my heart… like seriously. I’m not playing.
Then I could tell you about the brainstorm I had about putting the two together. Yes. Oreo filled Chewies. And I could tell you about how amazing the flavors are together. I could actually go to GREAT lengths to do that.
Instead though, I’m going to show you forty-eleven photos of these babies and just make you drool. And maybe that drool will convince you to make them. Because once you make them, you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about.
And you might say, “Wow! These are decadent.” And I might agree and just tell you that you should cut them into smaller pieces. They are absolutely worth the fat and calories. Everything in moderation, right? Right. Including moderation.
But I won’t do any of those things. Nope. I’ll just let you look at this gooey deliciousness. You can decide if you’d like to make them or not. 🙂
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15.35-ounce) package Halloween Oreos, coarsely chopped or broken into pieces
- Halloween sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs, and stir well. Add the flour, and stir until all the lumps are gone. Stir in the vanilla. Fold in about 2/3 of the Oreos. Spread the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining Oreos on top and add a few Halloween sprinkles for extra festiveness. Bake approximately 40 to 50 minutes, being cautious not to overcook. Cool completely before slicing into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @SouthernBite using the hashtag #SouthernBite, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!