Start by putting 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast into your slow cooker.
Top with one bottle of the King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce.
Then pour in a can of drained, cubed Dole Pineapple Slices. Pop the lid on and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. I generally like to cook my chicken in the slow cooker for about 4 hours. Cooking it too long makes it mushy.
Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Add 2 tablespoons of plain white vinegar to the sauce and stir well.
Allow the chicken to cool and then shred it using two forks.
Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the sauce.
Doesn’t that look simply amazing? It’s sweet for sure, but adding the vinegar at the very end balances it out and gives it a great flavor. Serve the chicken on the King’s Hawaiian Rolls or over rice, if you prefer. Y’all enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (15-ounce) bottle King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) can Dole Pineapple Slices, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (12-ounce) package King’s Hawaiian Rolls (Original Hawaiian Sweet or Jalapeno flavor)
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the bbq sauce and drained, cubed pineapple over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to the sauce and stir well. Using two forks, shred the chicken and return it to the sauce. Stir well. Serve on the rolls.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.