If your kitchen is like mine, then you know what I mean when I say that oven space is at a premium around the holidays – especially when it comes to Thanksgiving. That big bird takes up a lot of room! That’s why I started doing my Cornbread Dressing in the slow cooker several years ago. It works great because it frees up valuable oven space and the slow cooker method always yields dressing that is moist and delicious. And this is the recipe that I used to use in the oven so there no harm in putting this mixture in a casserole dish if you’d like. You’ll need to bake it at about 375 degrees F for 45 to 44 minutes if you decide you don’t want to go the slow cooker method. Y’all enjoy!
Slow Cooker Cornbread Dressing
- 8 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer them to a 4-quart slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.