One issue that many people run into with gravy-based dishes in the slow cooker is they find the gravy much too thin for their liking at the end of the cook time. Fixing it is super simple though. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and and stir it into the slow cooker. Turn the heat to high and cook for about 20 minutes or until the gravy has thickened. That will give you plenty of time to get those noodles cooked.
Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 (.87-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 (1-ounce) packet au jus mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- In the crock of a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, stir together the meat, gravy mix, au jus mix, and water. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Serve the noodles topped with the beef.