From the time Jack was little, he has loved mashed potatoes. They were always the one thing we could get him to eat, no matter what. His passion hasn’t changed.
So there’s no doubt that his request for our holiday menu includes mashed potatoes. I’m kicking it up a notch though. This year, we’re having this Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole. But just because it sounds over the top, doesn’t mean it takes anymore time. In fact, this casserole has a shorcut that has it in the oven faster than you can even peel the potatoes.
Simply Potatoes® mashed potatoes are made from real ingredients and with real potatoes that are fresh and never frozen. They taste just like homemade and are available in a variety of flavors from Garlic, to Country Style, Sour Cream and Chive, even Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
Starting with Simply Potatoes gives you a head start. No peeling, no chopping, no boiling, no mashing. Just heat them, stir in the other ingredients, and bake. Less time focusing on a laborious recipe means more time spent with around the table with your family.
And the addition of bacon, cheese, and green onions gives the already delicious mashed potatoes a serious kick! I’m confident your family will love this just as much as mine does.
Finding shortcuts just like this are one of the keys to a successful holiday meal, I think. I always recommend spending time on a few superstar dishes then looking for ways to make the other dishes that round out the menu easy. Prep as much as you can in the days before the big event. Wash and chop your veggies and ingredients beforehand, if possible. You can even pre-measure lots of things and place them in individual small zip top bags. Make a plan to maximize oven space. Don’t plan on everything having to be cooked in the oven. You’ll run out of space quickly. Incorporate some stove-top or even microwave dishes to make the most of the space you’ve got.
Above all, don’t stress. Enjoy your time in the kitchen and the time you get to spend with your family. Because if all else fails, you can order pizza. The food is important, but the time you get to spend with your loved ones is a lot more valuable and much harder to come by. Y’all enjoy!
Shortcut Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 2 - (24-ounce) packages Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powered
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 (2.8-ounce) package crumbled real bacon (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the mashed potatoes according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder with about half of the cheese and half of the bacon. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining bacon. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.