This post has been sponsored by Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me.
It seems impossible, but Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. I just can’t believe it.
Every year I get comments and emails from nice folks asking what they can do to make the holiday special and less stressful. My advice is always the same: make things easy on yourself. Pick a few superstar dishes to focus on and fill in with other delicious, less fussy recipes that are easy to prepare. Also, do as much prep in advance as you can, so that you have less to stress about the day of.
One delicious recipe that perfectly fits that bill is my Ultimate Cheesy Corn and Rice Casserole. I took my original Cheesy Corn and Rice Casserole and kicked it up a few notches by adding green onions and pimiento peppers, among a few other changes. This added tons of flavor with no extra work at all!
The best part is that it’s really just a pour and stir recipe, which makes the perfect, no-fuss Thanksgiving side. Yeah, you do have to cook the rice in advance, but you can do that early on Thanksgiving morning and have it ready and waiting to be added into the mix.
Plus, relying on Libby’s® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn means you’ve got a cost-effective way to add even more deliciousness to the table. That’s not the only benefit – you’ve also got the convenience of having all of the peeling, chopping, and husking the corn done for you to get this dish on the table! That means more time to spend with your family – and that’s what this day should really be about! Right?
This year, you can celebrate the holidays with Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables by sharing your favorite simple and delicious holiday recipe. You could even win a $1,250 cash prize in the process! To enter the Libby’s® Cansgiving sweepstakes, visit https://bit.ly/32h78fp until Nov. 22nd and upload your recipe, or enter on Instagram and Twitter by using the hashtags #Cansgiving and #sweepstakes and tagging @LibbysTable! Terms and conditions may apply.
Ultimate Cheesy Corn and Rice Casserole
- 2 (15.25-ounce) cans Libby's® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) packet yellow rice mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper*
- Cook the rice mix according to the package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked rice, drained Libby's® Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, sour cream, cream of celery soup, pimientos, green onion, and about half of the cheese together. Add salt and pepper to taste.*
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the cheese starts to brown and bubble around the edges.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.