And while nothing can replace my beloved Ultimate Green Bean Casserole, these Brussels sprouts are the perfect addition.
I first ran across the original recipe a few years ago when I was looking for something different than my typical roasted sprouts. I just loved them this way. So, I set out to simplify the recipe a bit and make it a bit more my speed. These Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are the result. And boy are they delicious! And EASY!
They’re cooked in bacon fat and then topped with garlic, heavy cream, crumbled bacon, and cheese! They are crazy easy and only call for 6 ingredients! That makes them perfect for any meal but they taste special enough for the holidays! Y’all enjoy!
Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove, cool, and crumble. Carefully spoon away all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the Brussels sprouts to the hot pan. Cook, stirring infrequently to allow the sprouts to develop a dark brown color and begin to get crispy around the edges. Cook until nearly tender. Season with salt.
- Add the garlic. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Pour the cream over the sprouts and sprinkle with the bacon and Italian cheese blend. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.