This post is sponsored by my friends at Tony Chachere’s, but all opinions expressed are my own – just as always. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me and my family.
Finding certain ingredients in the grocery store can be a challenge these days so having recipes that call for everyday ingredients is super important. It’s even better if those recipes call for stuff that you already have on hand.
So my friends at Tony Chachere’s asked me to take a box of their Creole Roasted Chicken Dinner Mix and whatever else I already had in the kitchen and make supper with it. Jack was in the kitchen with me this particular day so he and I put our heads together and created this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake.
We took the dinner mix, added some leftover shredded rotisserie chicken, a can of Mexican flavored corn – you know the kind with the peppers, and a can of cream of chicken soup. Can a casserole be called a casserole without a “cream of” soup? I’m just not sure it can! Ha! We added in some Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning to add even more flavor.
Once it was done, we added some shredded Colby Jack cheese to the top. I just LOVE how that stuff melts!
I love that this all cooks in one dish – including the rice! There’s no need to cook the rice before hand. It’s quick to put together and crazy delicious! The entire recipes only calls for 8 ingredients and one of those is water!And depending on what you have on hand, you could swap the chicken for some sliced sausage. The corn could be swapped for another type of corn, green beans, or peas. You could even use frozen veggies if that’s what you have. Don’t have Colby Jack cheese? Cheddar would work perfectly! Heck, any cheese would work, really.
The idea is that once you have a great base with the rice mix, water, and cream of chicken, you can really make it your own. What kind of ideas do you have? Be sure to share them in the comments below.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (7-ounce) box Tony Chachere's Creole Roasted Chicken Dinner Rice Mix
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn with peppers, drained
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream of chicken soup and the hot water together until combined. Add the uncooked Tony Chachere's Creole Roasted Chicken Dinner Rice Mix and mix well. Add the corn, chicken, butter, and Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 to 55 minute or until the rice is tender. Fluff the rice with a fork and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Wrap again with the foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted; then serve.