This post is sponsored by my friends at Tony Chachere’s, but all opinions expressed are my own – just as always. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me and my family.
The holidays are here and I’ve got a quick and easy way to turn an ordinary smoked ham into a real showstopper. My Creole Pecan Glaze takes a plain old spiral sliced smoked ham and makes it something worthy of being the centerpiece on your holiday table!
The best part is how amazingly easy this is. After baking the ham, you simply combine the brown sugar, honey, mustard, my secret ingredient – Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, and pecans in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, pour it over the ham, then return the ham to the oven for a few minutes. The result is a sweet and salty glazed ham that tastes even better than it looks.
The flavor that the creole seasoning adds is amazing. I’ve already served this at 2 different potlucks this year and folks nearly picked the bone clean. Everyone raved and asked for the recipe!
So, if you want to impress your family, your friends, your coworkers – whoever they might be – with a holiday culinary masterpiece, this is how to do it! And no one will ever know how little work it took to make something so amazingly delicious! Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning is the secret, but you get to look like the superstar!
Creole Pecan Glazed Ham
- 1 (10 to 12-pound) spiral sliced, smoked ham
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 275°F and remove the packaging from the ham. Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan with the flat side down. Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes per pound.
- To make the glaze, combine the brown sugar, mustard, honey, and creole seasoning in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans.
- Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil. Carefully turn the ham on its side and pour the glaze over the ham. Return the ham to the oven for about 10 minutes or until the glaze is bubbly.