The recipe takes advantage of frozen pre-breaded and cooked chicken fingers to take the mess and hassle out of frying chicken and turns the classic dish into a delicious casserole your family will devour. My family absolutely adored this and they’ve been constantly asking to have it again. Y’all just have to try it. It’s saucy, cheesy goodness for real.
The other thing I want to share with you is these GelPro Elite comfort mats. As someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen, I can tell you that it can be rough on your feet, legs, knees, hips, and back. When I was writing my cookbook and on my feet constantly testing recipes, I went out to a big box store and bought some mats to give me a little relief. And while they did offer comfort, I had no idea what I was missing out on. That is, until, the folks with Gel Pro reached out a few months ago and asked if they could send me a mat to try out.
Lisa McMahan and her husband founded the company right in their home in 2004 after she had had enough with foot, leg, and back pain after being in the kitchen. Today, they’ve sold more than 3 million comfort mats that are manufactured right in Waco, Texas.
With a variety of colors and sizes, I found one on their website that would best fit my kitchen and they sent it right to me. I now have 3 of these babies. Seriously. Right out of the box, I could tell these these mat were superior to the ones I had. They had some weight to them and that combined with their slip-resistant bottom means they didn’t get kicked around the kitchen like the old ones. Plus the cool gel layer made the mat extra comfortable while the foam core gave me lots of support. Despite the fact that I am usually barefoot at home, I had gotten in the habit of wearing shoes in the kitchen to give me the support and cushion I need – even with my old mats. Well, GelPro got those shoes off again – and I couldn’t be happier! But I wasn’t the only person in our house to fall in love… these mats are both of our dogs new favorite place to lay. We often have to compete for space on the mats.
Like many of the things in our kitchens, they’re an investment. But one that’s well worth it, in my opinion. Plus, they have a 5-year warranty. It’s one of the few things that you’ll use every single day in your kitchen. You can grab them in thousands of patterns and colors on their website at GelPro.com or find them at retailers like Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond. They even offer a foam only Designer Comfort line right at your local Walmart.
If you order from their website you can use exclusive reader discount code “southernbite20” to receive 20% off any of their residential lines.
The folks at GelPro are also going to give one lucky Southern Bite Reader their very own GelPro Elite comfort mat in their choice of color/pattern. Be sure to scroll down past the recipe to enter! You’re seriously going to love these mats!
Chicken Parmesan Bake
- 1 lb (6 to 8 strips) frozen fully cooked breaded chicken tenders (I used Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips)
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the chicken and pasta according the directions on the packages.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the cooked and drained pasta with the spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Pour it into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Chop the cooked chicken into 1-inch pieces and sprinkle over the pasta. Cover with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
The amazing folks at GelPro provided mats for my kitchen and the giveaway.