Y’all will have to excuse my brevity today. The manuscript for the book is due in about 2 weeks and I am madly finishing things up to get it to my editor on time. But, I couldn’t leave you without a recipe this week. These ooey, gooey Butterscotch Blondies don’t last very long at our house. And put some vanilla ice cream on one of these puppies… oooo you betta shut yo mouth! You can replace the butterscotch chips in these with chocolate or vanilla chips, if it suits your fancy, but these butterscotch ones just really make them sing – if you ask me.
I’ll be around the next few weeks, but might be scarce, so y’all bear with me. I’ve got some great friends who will be helping me out by sharing some of their favorite recipes. I know y’all will welcome them with open arm. Y’all enjoy!!
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the butterscotch chips. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until just set. Cool completely before cutting.