Fall is, without a doubt, my favorite season. I love the cooler weather. Down here in the South, it’s quite a welcome relief! The leaves begin to turn, our sleeves get a bit longer, and roadside stands display the colors of the season in gourds and pumpkins. I also love the arrival of all the varieties of apples. For this particular recipe, I used Granny Smiths, but any apple variety will work. These are the perfect Fall treat. If you’ve made my Pecan Chewies, think those with delicious bites of apple in them. They are incredible. Y’all enjoy!
Brown Sugar Apple Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 firm apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once combined, stir in the apples and pecans.
- Spread the batter into an 8x8 inch baking pan that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool and cut into squares.