Hey, y’all! You’ve seen my kitchen and know I’ve got a small space. But y’all know I stay in my kitchen a lot, so it was great when we bought our house and it came with Kenmore appliances from Sears. We finished it out with a Kenmore fridge we picked out at our local Sears showroom and had all matching appliances. The range I have is one of the smooth surface cooktops that makes cleaning up a breeze. I will say though that I’ve been pining over this gas range from Sears. Nothing cooks like gas and it would match so pretty! Maybe Santa will bring me one??? Anyway, when the holidays are around and I’m cooking a bunch with family gatherings and such, it’s sure nice to be able to just wipe down my cooktop and be done.
Every year, it’s a tradition in my family to gather the week before Christmas to do our annual Christmas candy making. We’ve been doing it for years and people are always anxious to know when the “Little’s are doing their candy” so they can raid the sweets when we’re done. This recipe is for a quick an easy fudge my Mom has been making for years. Nothing fancy here – no double boiler or fancy cooking contraption. All you need is a hot eye on your range.
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
- 1 7-oz.jar marshmallow creme
- 1 12-oz. package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine the sugar, milk, and butter in a medium sized boiler and cook on medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Once it has reached the boiling point, boil for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Stir ingredients until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a greased (buttered or sprayed) 8X8 baking dish.
- Cool completely and cut as desired.