Every year, it’s a tradition in my family to gather the week before Christmas to do all of our Christmas baking and candy making together. We’ve been doing it for years and people are always anxious to know when it happens so they can raid the sweets and treats when we’re done. And, of course, we’re happy to share!
And one of the candies that is always on our list is fudge.
Now my mom has been making this particular quick and easy, no-fail fudge recipe forever. It’s creamy, rich and, super delicious!
A jar of marshmallow cream made it famous, and we’re perfectly fine with that because it makes it so easy! Nothing fancy needed here – no double boiler or candy thermometer required. Just easy deliciousness.
We always use chopped pecans in our, but other nuts will work as well. It always works perfectly without any nuts at all – if that’s your jam. One recommendation I might add is to toast your nuts in advance. This amps up the flavor of the pecans and gives the fudge even more flavor.
Easy Christmas Fudge
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional (we like pecans)
- Butter an 8x8-inch baking dish or spray it with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Combine the sugar, milk, and butter in a medium sized pot and cook on medium-low heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Once it has reached the boiling point, boil for 5 minutes. Stir constantly. Seriously. Constantly. The mixture can scorch and you don't want that. You can even adjust the heat down some to maintain a boil without it scorching. The goal here is to get the mixture to the soft ball temp of 235°F. Having a candy thermometer is a bit of an insurance policy, but it's not required if you cook it per the instructions.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Stir until mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the chopped nuts (reserving a few to sprinkle on the top) and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cool completely and cut as desired.
follow the directions.