As the deadline for the manuscript for my book is approaching, I’ve had less and less time to devote to chatting with y’all on Facebook and the blog, but I beg you to just hang in here with me. I’m getting everything ready to announce the winners of the “Best of the Bite” recipe contest soon, testing recipes, and developing recipes for some new projects I’m excited to share with y’all soon. Oh and doing that whole being a Daddy and husband thing.
As the saying goes, I’ve been as busy as a bee, or a beaver, or whatever other animal is busy all the time. : ) That’s actually why I’m sharing this recipe with y’all today! This is one of those easy slow cooker recipes where you literally just dump everything in and turn it on. We’ve been doing things like this a lot lately and I’m pretty sure my family is going to be burnt out on it by the time April 17th gets here. Oh well, we’re making it though! Y’all be good and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken OR 2 (10-ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (11-ounce) cans of shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) can Northern beans
- 2 (10-ounce) cans tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
- 1 (10.25-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16-ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- Combine ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker. Cook on high until cheese melts, then place on low until serving.