One recipe we can always count on to deliver great flavor quickly and easily is my Easy Beef Ramen Skillet. My family just loves this stuff and it’s pretty filling – which are two important factors for me.
Piggybacking on that recipe, I created this chicken version to mix things up a bit. I swapped the ramen out for rice noodles, added some more veggies, and switched up the sauce a bit. Y’all this Easy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry is amazing.
It’s packed with tons of flavor, a hearty helping of vegetables, and a super savory and slightly sour sauce that is just delicious.
The whole thing comes together pretty quickly but having a few minutes in the morning to prep your chicken and veggies will mean even less time after work to get this deliciousness on the table. Regardless of how you decide to tackle it, just make sure you have all your prep work done before you start cooking as it really does come together pretty quickly and you won’t have much time to prep things during/between recipe steps.
A few notes about Easy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry:
I love to use a large cast iron skillet for this, but a nonstick skillet, stainless steel skillet, or even a wok will work just fine. Just be sure to preheat your stainless and wok well before adding the oil.
These are the vegetables I like to use but you are welcome to swap them out for your other favorites. I love adding some chopped cabbage, bok choy, water chestnuts, etc.
Can’t find rice noodles? A package of fettuccini noodles also works! You can also use ramen or soba noodles if those are more your speed.
The chili garlic sauce in this adds great flavor, but if you’re afraid of the heat, you can leave it out altogether. If you love heat, you can add just as dang much as you want! ????️????????
Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- 10 ounces rice noodles
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small head broccoli, washed and cut into florets (about 2 cups cut)
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions and drain. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown for 3 to 5 minutes or just until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet with a slotted spoon allowing the grease to remain in the skillet. Set the chicken aside.
- Add additional oil if necessary then add the broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender to your liking. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch. Pour the sauce in the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Add the cooked rice noodles to the skillet and mix together.