I see so many people around me waiting. Waiting for 5:00pm, waiting for the weekend, waiting for vacation, waiting for a better life. Think about waiting for a second. How many times have you been waiting for a doctor’s appointment and thought, “Wow, this waiting thing is fun!” I bet never. How many times have you been standing in line at the grocery store or the DMV and thought to yourself… “Man, waiting is awesome. I’ve got to do it more often.” Waiting isn’t very gratifying, it’s not much fun, and it doesn’t really get us anywhere. Yet, we are forced to wait a lot. Now go back to that first sentence back up there. Are you waiting for something? Is it quitting time, a trip, your next paycheck, when you have enough money? If you spend your whole life waiting, you’re going to look back and see a rather dull and empty path behind you. We just established that waiting at the doctor’s office or in line is no fun, the same applies in waiting for your life. Don’t spend your days waiting for the next one, you’ve got to make the best of the one you have. At the end of all that waiting, you’ll find your kids grown, your bank account unchanged, and that many of those opportunities have passed you by. Grab the day by the horns and do something fun and amazing. Stop waiting. Remember, life doesn’t have to be flashy and perfect to be wonderful. Enjoy what you have. A day will come when there won’t be anymore days left to wait.
This recipe is a quick and easy was to dress up canned baked beans and make them sing! You show up with these at the next BBQ or potluck and folks will be asking for the recipe, I promise. Best of all, it’s one of those stir and dump recipes I’ve become known for. Y’all enjoy!
Better Baked Beans
- 1 (28-ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. . Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and pour the mixture into the baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly.
* If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. The values do not include optional ingredients or when ingredients are added to taste. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.