It’s just the first week of summer and it’s already hotter than 400 Hades down here in central Alabama. It was 100 degrees yesterday and the forecast is for 99 today and tomorrow. ~reaches for his glass of sweet tea~ When it’s hot like this, we all need something cool to bring down the temp. This super cool, super delicious Lemonade Pie is guaranteed to do the trick. I’ve been fiddling with this type of pie for years and I think I’ve finally gotten it down to a pretty easy, no-fail recipe. It’s guaranteed to be light, fluffy, and a little tart. This is one of my favorite summer-time desserts. I hope you’ll enjoy it too – not only because it’s delicious, but because it’s easy too!
- 24 oz Cool Whip (3 – 8oz containers)
- 2 – 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 -12oz can frozen lemonade concentrate (or limeade)
- 2 graham crackers crusts
NOTE: This recipe can be divided in half quite successfully if you’re looking to do only one pie.
- In a large bowl, stir sweetened condensed milk into Cool Whip. (Do this by hand, DO NOT use a mixer – an electric mixer can cause the Cool Whip to fall which will result in a dense or even runny pie.)
- Next, fold in lemonade concentrate.
- Divide between two pie crusts and chill for at least 3 hours. (Trust me, it’s going to be A LOT of pie filling, but keep piling it on there – that’s why I call it mile-high. If it’s impossible to fit it all in there, just be excited that you’ve made yourself a little snack with what’s leftover!)