If you’ve got a hankering for Chinese food but are short on time, I’ve got just the ticket. This delicious Skillet Orange Chicken only calls for 7 ingredients and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously!
It’s quick, easy, and full of flavor. It’s also pretty versatile! You can switch it up by using pineapple marmalade or preserves in place of the orange marmalade if you’re looking for a little bit different flavor.
Like a little heat? Add in some red pepper flakes to give it a zing. It’s a huge time saver and a great way to get a home cooked meal on the table without a lot of hassle. My family just loves this and I know you will, too!
Simple Skillet Orange Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Place the chicken in a bowl with the ground ginger, garlic powder, and soy sauce and toss to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. Getting the chicken to have that golden brown color is the trick here, so adjust your heat as high as you can without burning the chicken and stir it only a few times to allow the chicken to brown well. Once you've got the chicken browned, stir in the marmalade and hoisin sauce. Stir to combine and allow the marmalade to melt. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through and serve over hot rice.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.