Y’all just loved the last stromboli I posted, so I decided to give it a little St. Patrick’s Day twist! This Reuben Stromboli is just as easy as the last one, but with all the great flavors of the classic reuben sandwich. It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal for St. Patrick’s Day… or any day, for that matter.
Sometimes rolling it up can be a little intimidating, so be sure to use the parchment to help you roll it over. The best part is no matter what it looks like, it’s going to taste great!
Being that we’re using a pizza crust, you might miss some of the flavor from the rye bread. Get even a little closer by adding the flavor of caraway seeds to the stromboli by lightly spraying the top with nonstick cooking spray (or egg wash, if you want) and sprinkle with caraway seeds to get a little of that flavor. Be sure to serve this with plenty more Thousand Island or Russian dressing for dipping!
- 1 (11-ounce) can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island or Russian dressing, plus more for dipping
- 1 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 (7-ounce) package sliced Swiss cheese (about 11 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed sauerkraut, thoroughly drained
- caraway seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the can of pizza dough and stretch it thin and even on the parchment.
- Spread the dressing on the dough leaving about a 1-inch border around the edge. Top with the corned beef, then cheese, then sauerkraut. It's very important that the sauerkraut be very well drained. Pressing it in a fine mesh strainer or even running it through a salad spinner is a great idea! Too much moisture and your crust will be soggy.
- Starting on one side, carefully roll the dough like a jelly roll. Slide to the middle of the parchment so that the seam is on the bottom. Stretch and tuck the ends under the stromboli. Cut several diagonal slits into the crust. If you want even more authentic reuben flavor, lightly spray the top of the dough with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle it with caraway seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve warm with extra dressing for dipping.