If you’re looking for a fun and different treat for your valentine this year, here ya go! These quick and easy Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies start with a simple chocolate boxed cake mix and are transformed into something amazing. Show your loved one just how special they really are with this yummy homemade treat!
The best thing is how easy these are! The most difficult part of the whole process is making the layers, but even that is easy. Simply layer the brownie batter, top with the cheesecake mixture, then drop dollops of the reserved brownie batter on top and swirl them together. Get the whole recipe below!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
For the brownies:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
For the topping:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, oil, egg, and food coloring. The batter with be very thick. Reserve about 1/3 cup of the brownie batter/dough and press the remaining batter into the bottom of the prepared pan. Add 3 tablespoons of water to the reserved batter to thin it; set it aside.
- To make the cheesecake topping, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Beat until well combined. Pour on top of the brownie batter and spread evenly. Drop the reserved, thinned, brownie batter over the cheesecake layer and swirl the two layers together using a butter knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the brownies are set. Cool completely before slicing.