For most of us, grilling season is upon us and for those of us who are still braving some cooler temps, it won’t be long. Grilling some chicken this weekend, I realized I had never shared my super simple marinade with y’all. This all-purpose marinade is probably one of the first recipes that I developed all by myself. I was probably 7 or 8 when I started mixing various liquids from various jar in the refrigerator to season my favorite grilled meat. The ingredients changed over the years as I learned more about marinades and the job of the various components in them. This is the final version that I’ve been using for years. It’s great for nearly everything including chicken, pork, beef, veggies, even fish. We love it at our house and I know y’all will too.
Quick and Easy Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup olive/vegetable/canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well to mix. Marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.