Many breakfast foods rank at the top of many lists of my favorite foods, the only problem is… I’m not exactly a morning person. So big elaborate breakfasts don’t happen too often at our house, especially during the week. What does happen is breakfast for dinner – or brinner as we call it in our house. Brinner gives me the opportunity to enjoy all those delicious breakfast foods that we love, and a more reasonable hour in which to make them. 🙂
One of our new favorites when it comes to brinner is these amazingly delicious Ham and Cheese Waffles. I know it might sound a little different, but trust me when I say… These things are crazy good. Even my family was a little skeptical when I told them I was making ham and cheese waffles, but one bite and they were hooked. I think for me, it’s that whole sweet and salty thing – the salty delicious ham and cheese against the sweet syrup. These babies are also super yummy with a runny yolk egg perched on top, if syrup isn’t quite your thing.
Ham and Cheese Waffles
- 2 cups White Lily All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chopped ham and cheese.
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, if desired. Pour about 3/4 cup of batter in the waffle iron and cook until crisp. Repeat with remaining batter until all has been used. You can also keep the cooked waffles on a baking sheet in a warm oven to keep them warm until serving. Serve with syrup or even with a soft cooked egg on top.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.