To celebrate the “Big Game” and a favorite game-day snack, guacamole, Avocados from Mexico is hosting its first ever Guac Bowl on Pinterest and they have asked me and three other bloggers from around the country to create recipes using avocados. When they told me that the recipe should somehow represent my area of the country, I knew right away that it had to include bacon. We love avocados at our house and luckily avocados from Mexico are available year-round, so you can serve up avocado dishes from Thanksgiving Day to Game Day, from Cinco de Mayo to the Fourth of July. This quick and easy recipe packs a lot of flavor and has quickly become a new favorite it our house.
Now, my recipe will go head-to-head with the other bloggers to determine a winner of the 2014 Guac Bowl. All you have to do is register here and then you’ll be sent to the Pinterest board where you can repin my recipe. Do that and you will be entered to win a prize pack valued at $250 – including a $150 grocery gift card!! When you repin, be sure to use the hashtag #guacbowl!
To vote for your favorite recipe and be eligible to win a Prize Pack you must pin before February 5, 2014. The winning recipe and winning Pinner will be announced on Feb. 7.
Bacon and Blue Cheese Guacamole
- 3 ripe Avocados from Mexico, halved and pitted
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Scoop the avocado from the skin into a medium bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Stir in the lime juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic with the kosher salt. Stir the two together, pressing with the back of a spoon, to form a paste. Add the garlic and salt, onion, tomato, crumbled bacon, and crumbled blue cheese to the avocado. Stir to combine. Add fresh black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. I received compensation for this post, however all opinions stated are my own.