When the folks with Sargento® and Food Network’s Chopped challenged me to come up with a recipe using my own mystery basket of ingredients for their Chopped at Home contest, I was a little intimidated at first. They asked me to use Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, chicken breasts, red bell pepper, Greek yogurt. I’m already a huge Sargento fan, but hadn’t used their new 5 cheese Italian blend. It features Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Fontina, plus Romano and aged Asiago. It’s delicious! I was eating is straight out of the bag. Anyway, after lots of brainstorming, I came up with this Cheesy Stuffed Chicken. And I have to admit, even I was surprised at how delicious this turned out. It will certainly be added the the regular rotation at our house.
Now it’s your turn! You can enter the Chopped at Home contest for a chance to win $10,000! All it takes is some Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, chicken breasts, red bell pepper, Greek yogurt, and some creativity to get entered. Be sure to check out their website for full details and rules.
Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
- 1 (6-ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Transfer half of the yogurt to another small bowl and mix it with the cheese. Set them both aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pepper, onion, and mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the garlic, cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat to cool.
- Meanwhile, use a paring knife to cut a deep pocket on the side of each chicken breast. Divide the cheese and yogurt mixture equally and spoon it into the pockets. Next, take the yogurt mixture with just the salt and pepper and coat the chicken breasts. Now, divide the sauteed veggies and stuff them into the pockets on top of the cheese mixture. Place the chicken breasts on a rimmed baking dish or pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray or parchment. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes, to until the chicken is cooked through.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.