Whether as a simple snack, displayed on a charcuterie board, or sprinkled over a salad, these Butter Toasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans are the perfect way to add a little fall flavor.
We’re big pecan fans at our house. In addition to being incredibly tasty, they’re heart-healthy, contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals, contribute to your daily intake of fiber and protein, and are sodium free.
We love to have them on-hand for snacking, adding to simple charcuterie boards, sprinkling over salads, and of course, to cook with.
When it comes to toasting the pecans, the exact amount of time will vary based on the particular size of your pecans. The biggest thing to watch for is the color will darken and they will be come more fragrant. Since the darkening of the color happens gradually, it’s not a great way to measure doneness. However, when they start smelling like toasted pecans, that’s when you know the magic is happening. I usually pull them off the heat just a minute or so after I start to smell that nutty aroma.
Toasted pecans like these can be kept on the counter in an airtight container for about a week.
Butter Toasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk the pumpkin pie spice, cayenne pepper, salt, and powered sugar together. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans and stir to coat in the butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and darkened in color – 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the spice mixture over the pecans. Stir to coat. Spread the pecans out on a rimmed baking sheet to cool.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.