The holidays are here and often times that means some overnight company. But have no fear! Regardless if they’re planned guests or folks that drop by last minute, I’ve got the absolute perfect dish to whip up the next morning for breakfast or brunch!
My Bacon and Eggs Tater Tot Casserole is cheesy, crispy, bacony perfection! It starts and ends with Kiolbassa Smoked Meats’ delicious Dry Cured Hickory Bacon. It’s a thick-cut, slow-crafted, naturally-smoked bacon that has no water added, so it doesn’t shrink like some other bacon. It gives this dish the perfect amount of smoky flavor!
Add to it layers of crispy tater tots, scrambled eggs, cheese, and green onions and you’ve got a complete breakfast! I absolutely love to top this with some salsa and sometimes even a dollop of sour cream. It really adds some great flavor to the dish. I just know you and your guests are gonna love this one! And it’s super easy!
Trying to find Kiolbassa close to you? Just use the product locator on their website to find it in stores. Just a hint: The bacon comes in a Peppered variety, too! YUM! Y’all enjoy!
Bacon & Eggs Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 (1.25-pound) package Kiolbassa Hickory bacon
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Tater Tots
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded colby jack cheese
- salsa for serving
- Cook the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the baking dish with the tater tots.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Add half of the bacon, half of the green onions, and half of the cheese and stir well. Pour the mixture evenly over the tater tots.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tater tots are heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining half of the bacon, green onions, and cheese. Return the dish to the oven and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm topped with salsa.
* If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. The values do not include optional ingredients or when ingredients are added to taste. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.
This post is sponsored by my friends at Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, but all thoughts and opinions are my own – just as always.