This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NatureRaised Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are the season of decadence and I’m no stranger to things that are a little over the top. The thing is, I want them to be easy too. Enter my Praline Bacon. It is literally the stuff dreams are made of… if your dreams are made of bacony, sugary, caramely goodness. And let’s be honest.. whose aren’t???
It’s the perfect treat to serve yours guests this holiday season whether in bite size pieces at a party or for breakfast or brunch. And because it’s so easy, you’ll have more time to spend with family and friends!
I start mine with NatureRaised Farms Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon. It’s thick-cut, so it’s perfect for this recipe. And it’s available in a two pack at Sam’s Club so it’s a great option to have some extra on hand for the holidays. Find your local Sam’s Club.
To begin, preheat the oven to 450°F and line a jellyroll pan with foil. A jellyroll pan is simply a baking sheet with edges. You’re gonna want to use a pan with edges to keep the bacon grease from pouring all into your oven. Lining it with foil makes cleanup a breeze. Find a cooking rack that is oven safe and place it inside the pan. I happen to have a set that came with the pan and rack that works perfectly for this.
In small bowl, combine the brown sugar and finely chopped pecans.
Cook the bacon for about 20 minutes or until it is just starting to crisp around the edges.
Generously sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on each slice of bacon. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the sugar has melted.
Look at that bacony, sugary goodness right there. Y’all just have to try this. Seriously.
- 8 slices NatureRaised Farms® Uncured Thick Cut Bacon
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a jellyroll pan with foil. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and finely chopped pecans.
- Place an oven-safe rack that into the pan to keep the bacon out of the drippings. Spread the bacon pieces on the rack and cook for about 20 minutes or just starting to crisp around the edges. Remove from the oven and generously sprinkle each piece of bacon with the brown sugar mixture. Return the bacon to the oven and cook until crisp and the sugar has melted.
I’m going to make it even easier for you to get your hands on some of this NatureRaised Farms Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon by giving y’all a chance to win a $50 Sam’s Club gift card. Simply leave a comment below with your favorite holiday treat (cookies, eggnog, hot chocolate) to enter for your chance. (Must be 18 or older to enter. US residents only. Contest ends December 24th at 11:59 pm EST)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NatureRaised Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.