With the holidays upon us, we’re all looking for quick and easy ways to jazz up our holiday meal that don’t require a lot of effort or time. We’re looking for something simple. This recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli is one of those recipes. It’s the perfect easy recipe to round out your menu. Using Simply Potatoes® is the perfect time saver. The packaged potatoes are made with real fresh, never frozen ingredients. They save you all the hassle of peeling and cutting, so there’s more time to spend with your family. We always keep some on hand to an easy side to breakfast, lunch, or dinner just as they are, but incorporating them in recipes makes things even simpler!
I used the Diced Potatoes with Onions variety for this recipe because I think the onions add a great flavor element to the dish. It’s as easy and combining all the ingredients in a large bowl, pouring them in the baking dish, and baking. You can even prepare this the day before and refrigerate it until time to cook it. Just remember to bring the dish to room temperature before putting it in a hot oven. Otherwise, the rapid temperature change is likely to break your dish.
The folks at Simply Potatoes are going to up the game by giving away a beautiful Le Creuset Caribbean Baking Dish to one lucky Southern Bite reader. Be sure to check below the recipe for the details.
Scalloped Potatoes with Broccoli
- 1 (20-ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, broccoli, garlic powder, salt, cream of chicken soup, heavy cream, and cheese. Mix well. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until golden brown and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
Enter to win this beauty by commenting below with your favorite casserole! Entry period ends November 29th at 11:50 pm EST. Valid in US only, must be 18 to enter.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.