Go ahead… look at it. Salted Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread. That ooey, gooey deliciousness is calling your name. Scrumptious bites of honey butter biscuit covered in sweet and sticky cinnamon sugar, baked to perfection, swimming in salted caramel sauce and studded with flecks of salty bacon. Wipe the drool… I’ll wait…
Seriously, y’all. This stuff is amazing! Absolutely Amazing.
And it’s the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. It’s easy and tasty and the perfect thing for picking at while you’re opening those gifts from Santa. In fact, I’ve been making some form of monkey bread or pull-apart bread on Christmas morning for quite a few years. But this one is my favorite. Y’all already know my affinity for all things sweet and salty and this is perfection to me. I love making something impressive, but rarely have lots of time Christmas morning to put into a complicated recipe. This is far from complicated. And it uses canned biscuits, but shh… no one will know. 🙂
It feeds a crowd too, so it’s great for company. My parents always join us Christmas morning to check out the loot that Santa left, so it’s a great easy way to fill a bunch of folks.
I like using Wright Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon in this recipe because of its thick cut and great smoky flavor. Wright Brand bacon is made with the best pork bellies, hand selected and hand trimmed, then slow smoked with natural hardwoods for 7-8 hours. It’s the perfect salty, smoky complement to the sweet caramel flavors. Let’s make some…
Open up a gallon-size zip top bag and combine the white sugar and cinnamon. Place the biscuit pieces in the bag and seal the top. Shake it well, making sure to coat all the pieces in the cinnamon sugar.
Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and salt and mix VERY well to get it all combined. (This may take a few minutes – don’t give up). Pour the mixture over the biscuits, then bake uncovered for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the bread is deep golden brown and done throughout. You can check doneness by using a butter knife to separate a few pieces down in the middle to make sure they’re cooked through.
Salted Caramel Bacon Monkey Bread
- 10 slices Wright Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated honey butter flavor biscuits (regular biscuits will work fine, too)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cook the bacon over medium low heat to crisp and drain it on paper towels. Coarsely chop the bacon and set aside.
- Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. In a gallon-size zip-top bag, combine the white sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Add the biscuit pieces and close the bag. Toss the biscuits pieces to coat them in the cinnamon sugar.
- Spray a Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, then layer the biscuits pieces and bacon in the pan.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and salt and mix well. This may take some effort, but they will eventually mix together. Pour the mixture over the biscuits and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then place a platter over the pan and invert. Serve warm.