As we were sitting there waiting, I was struck with one of those moments where I realized how much I love living in a small town. Each holiday here is met with city-wide celebrations whether it’s the 4th of July parade and fireworks display, the Mardi Gras parade, the Christmas tree lighting, etc. I personally know the current and two previous mayors and the editor of our hometown newspaper. It’s pretty Mayberry here – and I love it. Sure we miss out on some big-city things, but I like the slow pace here. It’s home for me.
Not long after we had gotten home after Jack was born, my cousins brought us a delicious dinner that was topped off with this AWESOME dessert. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and salty and has a great crunch. Honestly, I LOVE it for breakfast. Be sure to try it warm, it’s super-delicious!
Pineapple Blueberry Dump Cake
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1 (20-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box butter cake mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9X13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Empty can of pineapple in dish and spread to cover the bottom. Top with blueberry pie filling, spread evenly. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Drizzle with 3/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.