It calls for canned tomatoes rather than fresh, so it’s great when fresh tomatoes aren’t in season. But it’s so good and so easy, I bet you’ll be making it this way any time of the year.
If you like spicy salsa you can even add in some chopped jalapeños or even habaneros for some extreme heat.
For an even easier version, just toss the ingredients in a blender and switch it on. The result is, of course, a much smoother salsa, but it keeps you from doing all that chopping.
Either way you make it, you’re going to love. Serve it up with some fresh tortilla chips and you’ve got the perfect appetizer or an amazingly flavorful snack.
Lazy Man’s Salsa
- 1 (28 to 29-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Refrigerate to allow the flavors to develop.
Pop the ingredients in a blender and blend until your desired consistency.