This post has been sponsored by Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me.
It’s no secret that getting kids to eat their vegetables can be a little challenging. (Ok, a LOT challenging.) But with Jack, I’ve found that offering him a few options in a fun and interesting way often gets him to eat some of the good stuff. That’s why I love this Family Favorite Chicken Noodle Casserole.
The recipe starts out as a quick and easy creamy chicken and noodle casserole without the veggies. The fun part comes in when it’s time to eat.
Have a variety of Libby’s® Vegetable Cups on hand (offered in varieties like Sweet Corn, Sweet Peas, Diced Carrots, and Cut Green Beans) and allow everyone to pick their favorite veggie cups to stir into their individual serving of the casserole. You can simply drain the single-serving cup and stir the vegetables right in – there’s no need to heat them separately.
This allows everyone in the family to get their favorite veggies without having to pick the things they don’t like out of the casserole. And this is a great way to get your kids involved in the cooking process, even if it’s just to stir their favorite veggies into their casserole. Plus, it makes them much more likely to eat those veggies.
If you’ve got a family that loves it all (and is a little less picky ☺), you can substitute canned vegetables for the vegetable cups and drain up to two (15 oz.) cans of Libby’s® Mixed Vegetables and add them right to the casserole when adding the noodles and chicken and bake as directed. But it sure is more fun to do it the other way!
Plus, having a few extra Libby’s® Vegetable Cups on hand makes for a convenient side in lunchboxes and can be incorporated into after-school snacks on even the busiest of days.
Regardless of how you do it, your family is going to love this! Who knew getting you kids to eat their vegetables could be so fun!?! Y’all enjoy!
Family Favorite Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Assorted (4-ounce) Libby’s® Vegetable Cups (Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, Diced Carrots, Cut Green Beans, Sweet Peas or Peas & Carrots)
- 4 cups shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great)
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers (about 30 crackers), crushed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions and then drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milks, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper and stir to combine. Add the chicken and noodles and mix well to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed crackers and melted butter and stir to coat. Sprinkle the mixture over the casserole. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- When ready to serve, allow each family member to pick their favorite Libby’s® Vegetable Cup, drain, and stir the vegetables into their individual serving of casserole.
For more information and other quick and easy ways to get your family back around the table, visit my friends at Libby’s® at www.getbacktothetable.com.