I love a layered dessert in the summer time. Wait, who am I kidding? I love a layered dessert anytime!
Based on the huge success of my Oreo Delight and my Lemon Icebox Delight, I’m bringing you a fun new layered dessert called Blueberry Yum Yum. Actually, this is a variation on a recipe that has been around for years. The original recipe calls for you to use raw egg whites in the middle layer, so I just updated it a bit.
This is a sweet and creamy dessert that would also be great with other pie fillings like peach and strawberry! And come on, this has crushed Lorna Doone cookies in it. I just love those things. How can that be bad? Face it. It can’t. Y’all enjoy!
Blueberry Yum Yum
- 1 (10-ounce) package Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Crush the Lorna Doone cookies and reserve about 1/2 cup of the crumbs for the topping. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Press them into the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes and then cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of the thawed whipped topping by stirring by hand. Once thoroughly mixed, spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Drop dollops of the blueberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer and spread carefully. Sprinkle pecans over the pie filling. Top with the remaining container of whipped topping and sprinkle with the reserved crushed cookies. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.