**Be sure to scroll down for details on the July 4th Prize Pack Giveaway…
July 4th will be here before we know it and we’ll all be searching for the perfect BBQ recipes to help celebrate our country’s birth! But thanks to the folks at Farm Rich, you don’t have to have a smoker or even a grill to enjoy amazing BBQ. Seriously!
Their delicious new Smokehouse line includes a variety of delicious pork, beef, and chicken products that give you all of that great smokehouse flavor with absolutely none of the work!
These BBQ Chicken Tostadas are the perfect way to take that delicious pulled chicken BBQ and kick it up a notch. Whether you’re serving these for your July 4th celebration or just for a simple weeknight meal, you just can’t beat the convenience of the Farm Rich products!
And the amazing folks at Farm Rich are going to make your July 4th a little better with an incredible July 4th Prize Pack containing:
Deluxe Floating Pool Cooler
Red, White and Blue Horseshoe Set
Red/Blue Checkered Table Runner
Outdoor Burlap Fourth of July Party Banner
Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ aprons, tongs, mitt
And we can’t forget coupons for free Farm Rich Smokehouse BBQ products to complete your July 4th meal!
You have two easy ways to enter! Simply leave a comment below with your favorite 4th of July recipe or sign up for the Southern Bite email newsletter. You have until June 26th at 11:59 pm CDT to enter.
BBQ Chicken Tostadas
- 1 carton Farm Rich Smokehouse Pulled Chicken BBQ
- 12 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Kosher salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans refried black beans
- ½ head iceberg lettuce sliced thin and seasoned with salt and a little vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 8 ounces queso fresco crumbled (or substitute shredded Monterey jack cheese)
- 2 limes sliced
- Prepare Pulled Chicken BBQ according to package directions and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the refried beans and 2 tablespoons water. Cook over low heat until warmed through. Keep warm adding more water if necessary for a thick paste like consistency.
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan so that you have a 1/2-inch layer of oil. Heat on medium high heat until sizzling but not smoking. Have a tray lined with paper towels ready.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, slide it into the hot oil and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove with tongs to the paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To assemble tostadas: Spread a layer of refried beans on each tortilla. Top each with BBQ chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and queso fresco. Serve warm with lime wedges to squeeze over before eating.