Summer is right around the corner and that means it’s time to pull out the grill! Now, I’ll admit I usually opt to go for the much easier setup of my natural gas grill, but it just doesn’t offer the delicious flavor of a charcoal grill. The folks from Char-Broil asked me to try out their new Char-Broil Kettleman Grill. And I must admit, I’m really impressed! It’s been an updated and is a vastly improved kettle-style grill that is more efficient and easier to use. This new grill gives you more control over temperature. The porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. I haven’t had one single flare-up the entire time I’ve been using the grill! You can even throw wood chips on the grate for added flavor. Because of the design, small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire. And it’s a cinch to clean up! The charcoal rests on a grate inside the grill and once they are ash, they fall through the grate to an ash collection bin in the bottom that easily slides out for cleaning! The Char-Broil Kettleman also comes in a price point that’s comfortable for most folks. At only $139, you can find it at Lowes or learn more about the Kettleman grill here.
To break mine in, I whipped up these SUPER easy, 3-ingredient Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Tenders. They are great for a busy weeknight and kids love them! Plus, it’s one of those things that you can really pair with any side.
Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Tenders
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package sliced bacon
- Toss the chicken tender with the teriyaki sauce and allow them to marinate for 30 minutes t 1 hour.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard it. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken tender, securing the ends with a toothpick if you desire.
- Grill the chicken tender for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through and the bacon is crisp.