This post is sponsored by my friends at Libby’s. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Nothing says summer like an outdoor BBQ with friends and family. But no one wants to get stuck in a hot kitchen prepping your side items! So grab some Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches to create delicious, quick nutritious vegetables in a flash and get back to enjoying time with family and friends. These pouches microwave in less than 60 seconds, meaning no pots, heating containers or lengthy prep time needed. But even better than that, this recipe doesn’t require you to turn on the oven or microwave at all!
That’s right, this recipe is as simple as cutting up an onion and some cheese and just stirring it all together. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Seriously. It takes the classic recipe and flips it right on its ear.
Now, I’ll admit, I’ve never been a huge sweet pea fan (I blame my great aunt for always making me eat them when I stayed with her), but I honestly love this salad. Even if you don’t love peas, you have to love bacon and cheese right?
So when you crank up the grill this summer, add a few side dishes to the menu that are quick and easy. The less time you spend in the kitchen is more time you can spend with your family. And we all know that’s what it’s really about. Y’all enjoy!
Bacon and Pea Summer Salad
- 3 (14-ounce) pouches Libby’s® Sweet Peas Vegetable Pouches, drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (2.8-ounce) package crumbled cooked bacon (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) block colby jack cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, add the peas, onion, bacon, and cheese. In another smaller bow, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the other ingredients and stir gently to coat. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a few hours, if necessary.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Libby’s. The opinions and text are all mine.