Alabama White BBQ Sauce is a mayo-based, tangy sauce. It is the perfect baste or dipping sauce for pork chops, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more!
When I mention “white barbecue sauce” some folks scratch their heads. But, don’t knock it ’til you try it! This delicious and easy sauce recipe is amazing as a dipping sauce and baste on pretty much any kind of meat – chicken wings, grilled chicken, pork tenderloin, pork chops, and smoked or grilled turkey! I like to top it on a pulled pork sandwich. It’s even good as a salad dressing or a dip for chips or pretzels. Pretty much if it’s a food, Alabama White BBQ Sauce should be slathered on it!
What is Alabama White BBQ Sauce
Alabama White BBQ Sauce is a mayonnaise based concoction hugely popular in north Alabama. The sauce was made famous by the amazing barbecue joint Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q in Decatur, Alabama.
Typically known for its creamy and tangy flavor, Alabama White BBQ Sauce ingredients typically call for vinegar, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and pepper. The Southern Bite version also features horseradish, paprika, garlic, and creole mustard. Yum!
What do you eat with Alabama White BBQ Sauce?
As I mentioned earlier, the possibilities are endless when it comes to what this Alabama White BBQ Sauce can be paired with. Here are a few of my favorite recipes that go great with this delicious sauce:
- As a dipping sauce with Saltine Crusted Chicken Tenders.
- As a baste on White BBQ Sauce Grilled Pork Tenderloin or this Grilled Chicken.
- As a salad dressing
- As a topping on Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas.
- As a condiment on Cast Iron Patty Melts or any hamburger.
Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
If nutritional values are provided, they are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, I recommend grabbing your favorite brands and plugging those ingredients into an online nutritional calculator.