Not only are these little Nutter Butter Mummies cute, but they are incredibly easy, too! All you need is a package of Nutter Butter cookies, a package of white almond bark, and some candy eyes or chocolate chips and you’ll have some neat treats for your little ghosts and goblins in no time. I’ve even included a couple videos so you can see exactly how I did mine. Enjoy!
First, you’ll need to melt about 3/4 of your white chocolate almond bark via the package instructions. Be sure not to rush this process or the bark will seize up and you’ll have to start over.
Next, dip each Nutter Butter into the bark and shake off the excess. Then place them on some waxed paper.
See the video below to see how I do it and to see how to cover up that spot where your finger is holding the cookie. Remember, these don’t have to be perfect since they’re going to be drizzled with more melted bark. (Yes, I used my fingers. Sometimes it’s just easier. You can use your fingers, too. I won’t tell anyone.)
Next, you need to give your mummies some eyes. I used these neat Wilton Candy Eyeballs that can be found in most hobby and craft stores (including Wal-Mart), but you can also use mini chocolate chips.
Place the eyeballs on each cookie as shown.
Next, add the remaining bark to the bowl and melt it. Follow the instructions on the package – don’t rush it. I told you this before, but I mean it. Trust me.
Then carefully pour the melted bark into a disposable piping bag or zip-top bag. Cut the very tip of the piping bag or very corner of the zip-top bag off with scissors. Drizzle the bark over the cookies in a zig-zag pattern to make it look like the mummy’s wrapping. (See video below for my technique.)
Allow the bark to cool completely before removing the cookies from the wax paper and removing the excess drizzle from the sides.
- 1 (1-pound) package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 (24-ounce) package white chocolate almond bark candy coating
- 1 package Wilton Candy Eyeballs (or mini chocolate chips)
- In a small bowl, melt ¾ of the almond bark according to the package instructions.
- Dip each Nutter Butter in the bark to coat it and then shake off any excess. Place the coated cookies on wax paper. Repeat until all the cookies are coated.
- Add the eyes (or chocolate chips) to each mummy.
- Add the remaining bark to the bowl and melt it according to the package instructions. Transfer the melted bark to a disposable piping bag or zip top bag. Snip the very tip or corner off of the bag and drizzle the melted bark over the cookies to look like the mummy's wrapping. Allow the bark to harden completely before removing the cookies from the wax paper and removing the excess bark from the sides.