Grab the blood pressure pills and call the cardiologist, have I’ve got an awesome recipe for y’all today! Fresh popcorn popped in bacon fat then drizzled with butter and sprinkled with bacon pieces and parmesan cheese. Oooo, it’s so good! No seriously, I know this is a little excessive, but what would life be like if we weren’t a little over-the-top now and then. Everything in moderation… including moderation. The last time I made this, the neighbor kids were over playing and I thought the little girl was going to freak out when I started popping the corn on the stove in a pot. She had only ever seen popcorn made in the microwave! This is an awesome snack (we actually had it for lunch) and is a real crowd pleaser!
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
- In a large, deep pot with a lid fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove from pan and crumble when cool.
- Add one kernel of popping corn to the remaining bacon fat and cover. Listen for it to pop.
- When that kernel pops, add the rest of the popping corn and cover. Shake the pot gentle to keep the popcorn from burning.
- Allow the popcorn to pop, continuing the shake the pot, until the popping slows.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle with butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and crumble bacon. You can also add a little salt and pepper here too, if you’d like. Toss to coat.
- Then get out of the way and watch how fast this stuff goes!