It was one of those “pinch me” moments. Opening up my latest issue of Taste of the South Magazine and seeing my face staring right back at me wasn’t something that was ever on my radar, but there I sat. Looking at me.
What an amazing honor. They’ve had some amazingly talented people in their “Dishing with” feature so to be listed alongside those folks is pretty unbelievable to me. I am certainly not worthy.
Not only was my ugly mug in there, but this AMAZING recipe for Key Lime Pie was too and they so graciously accepted my request to be allowed to share it with y’all. They’re good people like that. 🙂
Y’all be sure to grab a copy and flip to inside the back cover to check out all my answers in the “Dishing with” feature. Can’t wait? Click here. 🙂
Now go make this pie. Seriously. It’s a bite of summer.
Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Key lime juice*
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, eggs, and lime juice until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread whipped cream over pie. Garnish with lime slices, if desired.