Are you looking for all the recipes from my Today Show appearance and can’t get your hands on them? Well, I’ve got you covered. Below you’ll find all of the recipes in one place. You can print them out or save them to your Recipe Box.
Quick and Easy Quiche
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 9-inch regular frozen prepared pie crust, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon (or ham) in the bottom of the pie crust. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the quiche is just set. Serve warm.
Fresh Fruit Salad with Lime-Honey Dressing
- 10 to 12 cups of assorted fruit
- for instance:
- 2 apricots, sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced (about 1 cup)
- ¼ honeydew melon (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups red and green seedless grapes
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
For the dressing:
- juice of two limes (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint (8 to 10 large leaves)
- In a large plastic or glass bowl, combine the fruit. Refrigerate.
- In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, honey, and mint together. Drizzle over fruit and toss lightly when ready to serve. Keep chilled.
Shrimp and Grits
- 4 slices bacon
- 5 green onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 16 ounces medium shrimp raw, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Dash of hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels; crumble it when it has cooled. Add the chopped onions to the bacon grease in the skillet, and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook until it is fragrant. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and pepper, and then add them to the skillet. Cook the shrimp until they are just starting to turn pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour into the broth. Pour the broth over the shrimp, bring just to a simmer, and cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in the lemon juice, and serve immediately over My Secret Cheese Grits.
My Secret Cheese Grits
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium saucepan with a lid, bring the water to a boil and stir in the salt. Slowly add the grits, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until they reach the desired tenderness and consistency. Grits should be smooth and creamy, not chewy. Add more water if they begin to dry out.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and butter. Stir until melted and combined. Serve immediately.