I’m not exactly sure why, but when it comes to holiday sweets, my mind automatically goes to cookies. I’m reminded of times when Mom would bake sugar cookies and we’d sit around the oak kitchen table and decorate cookies for hours. Painting was easier for little hands rather than a piping bag, so she’d equip me with a paintbrush and a special thin icing she’d make that resembled the consistency of acrylic paint and I’d paint away.
Memories like that are what the holidays are all about. To this day, we all get together right before Christmas to do our holiday baking and candy making as a family. It’s a tradition that we’re proud to keep alive.
That said, spending time with your family in the kitchen does have look the same as us. With our time being in short supply during this time of year, sometimes 30 minutes is all you can manage. And that’s perfectly fine. It’s about the memories you make, not about the amount of time you spend together. And if that’s the case, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
These Fudgy Brownie Cookies have all the gooey, chocolatey flavor of decadent brownies but in a fun little cookie. They’re easy, delicious, and are the perfect thing to whip up when you only have a few minutes in the kitchen. And the decadence makes them perfect for a little holiday indulgence.
This recipe is part of the Recipe Lion Cookie Exchange this year! Nine other bloggers and I have created some stellar cookie recipes to help you get the holiday season started off right! Y’all be sure to check them all out!
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies from Table for Seven
- Old Fashioned Chewy Molasses Cookies from The Seasoned Mom
- Mini Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies
- Cherry Pie Bars with Buttermilk Glaze from Syrup and Biscuits
- Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
- Frosted Eggnog Sugar Cookies from Let’s Dish
- Cookies and Cream Sugar Cookies from Craft Box Girls
- Italian Christmas Cookies from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- Peppermint Crunch Cookies from RecipeLion
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (divided)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a nonstick silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, melt the butter and about 1/2 of the chocolate chips in the microwave using 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval. Melt until the chocolate chips are almost completely melted, then stir until they melt all the way. Add the sugar and stir well. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and eggs and stir well. Add the cocoa powder and flour and stir very well to combine. Add the remaining chocolate chips and stir.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoons scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Made these today. They spread out so much they made a brownie. Very skinny one. I followed instructions. Dough is very greasy.
Sounds like maybe you didn’t have enough flour in them. How did you measure your flour?
I have made these twice and everybody loved them. They are so soft and goey on the inside. My bf suggested that I could sell them at Startbucks or another fancy cafe. Haha 🙂
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I’m so glad that these have turned out so well for you!!
Another one I’ll have to make! I can already taste them!!!
Hope you’ll enjoy!
You had me at fudge! These look delicious!!! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Thanks! I hope you’ll enjoy them!
These sound and look delicious, can’t wait to try them!
A question from the story about Christmas cookies… do you have your mother’s “recipe” for the cookie paint? Would love to do that with my nieces.
Thanks, Jennifer! Let me see what I can find for you!
Will be making for the grandkids
Hope they’ll enjoy!!
Well, I can’t resist anything that has fudge, brownie and cookie in the title! These look amazing!
They look so perfectly fudgy!!! I have 4 chocolate lovers in this house who would adore these treats!
Thanks so much! They are chocolatey for sure!!
Dude! You’ve gone and done it now!